no good try another one
19%
 19%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 63

Baelic
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 1:17 am    Post subject:

Well, the materials we'll be transporting won't do us any good, it will be for the service of the prewarp worlds, we'll just get paid by them and stuff.

@administratorS:
how many are you, cause i though it was just one, but it seems to be more.

[ This Message was edited by: Baelic on 2002-11-06 01:19 ]
 Back to top »
limsky
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 1:53 am    Post subject:

"the server cannot calculate battles with more ships than 5000". So this is the limitation of the server. 5000 per fleet? So if i have 3 fleets and a planet, theoretically i should be able to build 20,000 ships. So why limits on MP? If limitations is on ships, than put a limit on ships and more liberal on mp.
 Back to top »
Captain Starlight
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:16 am    Post subject:

@baelic there is 3 admin +smmod +the stteck dude.

admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:43 am    Post subject:

the tec_server is only a bot that creates the research postings
 Back to top »
God
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 5:36 am    Post subject:

I don't like the idea of trading ships!!

tomany multys!!

please look at the suggestion topic trading!!

Back to top »
Bean
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 6:01 am    Post subject:

I really don't like the idea either, it's going to make the game more complicated. to many things to caclculate
 Back to top »
Captain Starlight
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 7:22 am    Post subject:

Dunno, I kinda like the idea of that there Baelicium, sounds like good stuff.

But seriously, in the past you could trade tech in this game too easily, now the research times are really long, perhaps some trading would be ok. As long as balance is maintained, everything should be looked at.
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 8:39 am    Post subject:

i think trading would have to be an option that a n00b doesent have to follow in the beginning. an option that enriches your activities in the spacetrace universe, but you can also go on like before.
do you know master of orion? there it is the opposite way: you can grow and build kolonies and play the whle game like this, without even start any battle, but you can also concentrate on battling and find your thrill there.

i locked the trading topic, so we can concentrate all our thoughts here, this is the content:
Quote:

started by Baelic
I belive, that this game, even though, it is very good, and very original, should also have the option, that instead of continuing war, there could be umm... Something, like trading ships, that go to prewarp planets, and do jobs for'em, since they can't fly yet, and this would be an interesting addition to the game, since with the trading capabilities, one player, could help a prewarp planet with a job, (attack another prewarp planet, or something like that) and in return, either a new technology, (already researched) or some type of classified information, that could help the player, gain more experience, and points.

That's all
I would think about it. I am also, (when the servr's back on)going to try to design a Trade Ship, that goes really fast, and does not have guns, that way, it cannot be used in war!

Oh well... I like this idea, but if Spacetrace is a continuation of carnage, and blood, that's fine by me.

Code:
SMod

I think it is better this way!
If we put any kind of trading there will be more chance for multys to get bigger faster than others!

DaBlackMoB
i think so too.
maybe there is a solution that will overcome the multi-problem ???
i cannot imagine rightnow??!!

limsky
Maybe should assign some planet to be trading depot. Players can go there and exchange ships. There should be a posting "Trading News" in the menu where each player can access. News like Mantis required willing to trade a carrier for it (reason nanite could not produce Mantis).

Bean
That's where some stratigy, i believe, lies. You have to be care full what race you pick. If we started trading ships, it wouldn't matter one way or the other what race you picked. So, i would have to agree with SMod. It's better not to be able to trade.

Anonymous
I don't think multys will get bigger, 'cause trading will be done with prewarp planets, not actuall "game" players.
Oh well... i just thought it would be a good improvement.

Captain Starlight
But what job could you do for a pre warp planet?? They dont say much.

SMod
No bealic, any kind of trading would make chance for more multying
so i don't think it is good
and what are you saying about prearp planets?!

limsky
Well perhaps traders and warriors don't mix. Warriors go for fleet strategy to get points. Traders base on merchanise to get points.

Captain Starlight
Pre warp worlds are planets that dont have players assigned to them yet, I think admin would have to bring in another type of planet for trading, and the question of what to trade remains. But nothing should be able to increase mp.

God
I tottaly dis agree with trading!!!
maybe if we had a vay to kill all multys we could talk about trading
but under this circumstances un uah!!!
trading ships are the worst thing that could happen!!!
al the multys grow very fast!! and i saw this happening in other games!!!
lets not ruin the game by making a trading ship or trading possibilitys!!
 Back to top »
spacetrace
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 11:27 am    Post subject:

very important too:

the time effort for playing spacetrace should not be too high.
this game is made for people with less time too.
i always think playing against the computer (trading on pre-warp-planets) cannot be fun.

the only fun in a www game is playing with real players. i don't think that colonizing of pre-warp worlds would please me (i would play moo if i wanna play alone).

but how can we trade between real players that way that multies will not have an advantage.

remember:
- a fair trade: both sides think they made a profit
- inventions could be tradeble
- what else?

[ This Message was edited by: spacetrace on 2002-11-06 11:33 ]
 Back to top »
Baelic
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2002 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Well, now that i have thought about it, when i started on the game, i saw that it was very easy to get started, and if this whole trading concept gets started, it would complicate things alot, and getting new players on the game would be very difficult, since the game would be very difficult to master, and play, so sorry about bothering you all.
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 1:49 am    Post subject:

this is not over yet:

i think it woudl be possible to implement something, that takes playce on the planets in your solar system of your planet. this should not be available to n00bs, only if they start this option in their preferences for example. and this could open the gate to planetary trading component with lots of goods: gems sweets, saussages... lets see what we can make out.
and for the money you can make by trading, you can hire mercenaries for planetary invasion battles on the surface.
 Back to top »
dfischer
Midshipman

Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 10:00 am    Post subject:

Make a trade union or something like in the alliance CoW or MoC. Min of Trade.
That person that would be voted in (like the other positions) and would gather the trade items from the alliance, ship them to whatever world and trade the goods for the Alliance.

Maybe the persons that choice not to join an alliance could be salvagers picking up stuff from pre-warp worlds and trading it with the alliances that are frendily in their area.

This would incress in game communication. And help with recuitment efforts

Maybe the research portion of the game would change to include the items that are traded. SOO you couldn't have nanite tech unless you had X and X is found in galaxy Y under alliance Qs control. But player B found the item on pre-warp world Z so he could take it to the "trade world, ship, space station, whatever" and trade it for tech B to get Human tech.

**this is me ducking**

Back to top »
Lord Philemon
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 2:35 pm    Post subject:

I think that trading actually is good, but I'm not sure either what we could trade.
I don't like the idea of trading race-specific technologies. This would make choosing of a race more or less useless and make it harder to calculate what might be in an enemies fleet.
Maybe we could trade technologies which are made for all races but then the amount of trade should be limited, e.g. make a trade ship which you can build only once a week.
Trading recourses on pre-warp planets is a good idea as well. Maybe admins could make up something like an auction market where you can sell and buy the recourses (actually usable for nothing else) for "trading-points". If you are lucky and good at trading you can make points this way (maybe they would be counted seperate). Or there could be a planet where you can make ships of steel or whatever you found on another planet or traded and sell or use them.
 Back to top »
Baelic
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Ok, to make trading avaliable, this "should" be the technologies:

Trading Center: enABLES THE RESEARCH OF ALL TYPE OF TRADING
Galactic College of Comerce: enABLES THE RESEARCH OF TRADING SHIP (SMALL TONNAGE CAPACITY), and enABLES RESEARECH OF CENTER OF COMMERCE
Center of Comerce: enABLES RESEARCH OF TRADING FRIGATE PROTOTYPES 1 and 2, and TRADING GALLEON
Trading Ship: enABLES THE RESEARCH OF TRADING SHIP( small capacity, and slow speed(warp 5)).requires 10 mp to build
Trading Frigate Prototype 1: RESEARCHES THE TRADING FRIGATE TYPE 1( large capacity, slow speed(warp 3) 15 mp
Trading Frigate Prototype 2: RESEARCHEWS THE TRADING FRIGATE TYP2 2( small capacity, fast speed (warp 7) 15 mp
Trading Galleon: enABLES THE RESEARCH OF TRADING GALLEON (large capaacity and faster speed(warp 10)). requires 25 mp to build

All the ships would be researched in 2-4 hours, while the buildings, would be researched in one day, and built in 10 hours.

That's all.
Baelic
 Back to top »
Captain Starlight
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 3:38 pm    Post subject:

I think trading a tech would be ok, if it was a fair trade, perhaps some should not be tradeable, but,it would have to be a trade, like, missiles for spectre and the person who traded missiles could no longer use them.
 Back to top »
Bean
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 8:06 pm    Post subject:

So essentially you would be trading research, that would be better than trading actuall ships
 Back to top »
Captain Starlight
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 11:59 pm    Post subject:

yes, but I just realised that a multi could trade all his crappy ships, grazer prophet etc, for good ones with his other self
 Back to top »
Baelic
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Nov 12, 2002 3:37 pm    Post subject:

First of all, research cannot be traded, and since no more players can join the game (450 players!!) it would be trading without the threat of multy accounts and the trading "thing" to trade would be raw materials taken to factory worlds, where you trade raw materials, for raw products, and once you bring it to other player's bases, you sell it for points.!
hahaha i don't know...
 Back to top »
Baelic
2nd Rear Admiral
2nd Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 1:29 pm    Post subject:

I would like all the players to take a look at this forum again, since it is a very good idea (my idea)and think about colonization, with planets, that are willing to become colonies.
 Back to top »
Captain Starlight
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2003 1:27 am    Post subject:

I am still hoping for the ground troops

SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » Impossible inventions » trading ship
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: