DA special kills all evaps --> evap special kills four Class 4s
losses: 4 evaps, 1 DA, 3 MS

So the cruiser would die AND u would kill the c4
 Back to top »
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject:

sorry you are wrong 1 cruiser would be allive cruisers don't modify the evap so not much will happen to the cruiser

Back to top »
Scolar Visari
Captain
Captain

Post Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:56 pm    Post subject:

luc45st wrote:

Class 1: 5 evaps vs cruiser
cruiser kills evap --> evap special kills cruiser
losses: 1 evap, 1 cruiser

Class 4: MS vs DA, 3 MS
DA special kills all evaps --> evap special kills four Class 4s
losses: 4 evaps, 1 DA, 3 MS

So the cruiser would die AND u would kill the c4

no.. not all c4 would be destroyed.. the Shipyard and Research center i think wouldnt be killed.. but DA and MS would die

Join Your Destiny
 Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject:

To Scolar and our guest is like this

5 Evaps 1MSvs 1 Cruiser 3MS 1 DA (NO SY OR RC)

c1 vs c3
4 evaps left

c4 vs c4
The DA destroy all my evaps but those should destroy 4 enemy's vessels, so i destroy the 3 MS and the DA.

Actually its like this in the universe...
Now reading and reading the syntax i think there is a missing word, i dont know what Spyder(if is here) or Connor could think.
If it says "in the same class" it should attack class by class, i mean the DA modifies the Evap and it should destroy first 4 ships in C3.
Like 2 evpas 1flamingo vs 1 destroyer 1 cyclop. The evap modified should destroy the c2 first.
I think it should change like "in the enemy fleet in the class it was modified" or something like that....I think...just that:P
 Back to top »
DavAlan
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject:

Scolar Visari wrote:
no.. not all c4 would be destroyed.. the Shipyard and Research center i think wouldnt be killed.. but DA and MS would die

Actually the SY and RC are immune to the evap 0_destroy retal. And should the evaps target one of these before the other c4 then all the evaps will attempt to kill the SY or RC (and fail). So the killing of any c4 would stop there.

ex. evap hits an ms (kill), the DA (kill) then the SY (fail) and any other c4 will never get hit as the evaps would not "move" to the next c4 until killing the current one.
 Back to top »
Connor McCloud
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject:

Correct Rubens there is missing something :
if this ships LP or AP are increased or decreased it modifies LP by -5000 of 1 ship of any ship-type in the enemy fleet in the same class where the Evap fights against but some ships and buildings are immune against this effect
Marked the missing part in red ( at least this is how I know it works )

Back to top »
DavAlan
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:39 am    Post subject:

For accurracy change that to: that modified the evaporator
 Back to top »
Rubens
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject:

Exactly, thanks to Connor and Dav
Lets wait the admin changes it...to make a ST easier and better:)
 Back to top »
spacetrace
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:19 am    Post subject:

yeah , i will change it

bitcoin: 1NDr7wtcXeGP69CTzkVtN1nw92k68q96eP
litecoin: LQEnZQE9MCozkAiuhMBT6V9XoMSF9MkgJj
 Back to top »
blackmagic
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject:

such a thourghly discussed ship! O.O

I read the description of the ship that I wrote so long ago. Its ok, but now it seems kinda... blah.

Here is a strange sci-fi-ish way to describe the ship! ^^P Extra tat could be added to the description or read just for fun. ENJOY!!

The evaporator is an intergalactic ship with quad ion-emitting engines for thrust. Created on a secluded pre-warp, in top secret move by the Eray Command Nexus , the ship was a retaliatory step against recent strategic moves made by opposing governments. With an increase in flagships dominating the use of more mobile fighters, the battles consisted of sheer power rather than overwhelming the enemy by mass units. To gain back the initiative in mobility and faster production, the evaporator was brought into light. Knowing that the larger ships used stronger armor, a different approach was needed to penetrate the ships without increasing the size of the evaporator. In a breakthrough, a lone researcher discovered that they could absorb, emit, and weaken the enemy from the enemy's own weapon. By using a plasmic modulator and a modified Xoutory crystal armor, the evaporator can absorb some of the attack and then use the energy to power up a subspace, frequency holo-beam to disturb the opposing ship's shields. While the enemy try to remodulate their shields, the evaporator uses the remaining energy to active a holodrain device that destroys the enemy ship. There are two transistors for the holodrain device as the evaporator can be attacked by two common weapons. One is by brute force and the other is a usually some type of energy weapon that tries to destroy or modify the enemy ship. In anycase, the holodrain device with compensate by shifting transistors to forcefully rearrange the energy source to power the holodrain device.
In battle simulations, this ship proved valuable in situations where a lack of other smaller ships was present. Thus, being able to attack the larger ships. Logically, if a smaller ship tried to attack the evaporator, the evaporator will have a smaller retaliatory force in which to attack back due to the fact that it can only redirect power.
Although the ship has been used todestroy bases the ship failed because the small arms that these buildings were equipped with were not enough to scratch the extremely tough armor. So, use against buildings is discouraged.

TechServ Datalinks
-Ship analysis by Blackmagic of Shadowball
oppose.
MASTERHUNTERS
~Blackmagic of Shadowball~
The Leader of the Best Alliance EVER!!!
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
spacetrace
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject:

love it , i will add it to the ships description
 Back to top »
blackmagic
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject:

WELL..... Isn't tat great?? LOLs i guess it sounded alright! YAY! i just wrote as it came to my head. Guess i must have a knack at this. Shall i write one for other ships as well?
oppose.
MASTERHUNTERS
~Blackmagic of Shadowball~
The Leader of the Best Alliance EVER!!!
 Back to top »
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject:

yes, cool description... we added it:
http://manual.spacetrace.org/tec.php?details=1&tec_id=158&techname=evaporator&
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject:

MicroJak wrote:
Revised version:

Quote:
Evaporator (class 1 ship)
These ships destroy a ship of any class if it gets modified. Therefore it is very effective against swank setups and is often described as a 'swanker's worst nightmare'. Such ships such as the cyclops and apollo cruiser, which modify to destroy other ships, will be eliminated against an evaporator. 20 evaporators vs. 20 cyclops, will result in a loss of 20 cyclops. It is an excellent ship, and also has the ability to completely destroy ships which do not modify on their own.
 Back to top »
admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject:

Failtrip1 wrote:
Evaporator is basically just an expensive fighter that costs a lot and has some special ability.
So you need 2 regular fighters to kill it and you can kill one fighter with one evaporator.
Special powers;however If evaporator attack points(AT) or life points(LP) gets modified then evaporator will destroy that ship that modified his AT or LP.
By modified that doesnt mean that fighter shoot at evap and his LP was modified.If evap will be shoot by fighters or any other normal ship evap will behave like normal ship.
But If something would raise or reduce his LP or AT,some ship like sporator,cyclop,spectre then evporator will kill that ship.If more evporator will be modified they will all shoot to kill enemy ships in that class where did the modifying ship come from.For example If spectre will modify 1000 c1 ships and you have 50 evaporator then those 50 evaps will shoot in his c2 destroying 50 of his c2 ships.
Evaps will kill enemy ships even if they are triggered in another subbattle.For example again If that spectre would fire in class 2 vs class 2 battle and this way triggering those 50 evaps,they would again shoot and destroy 50 enemy c2.
And If owner of spectre would have 50 of his evaps and would trigger them with spectre they would also be fireing into your c2.

Hope this helps
 Back to top »
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » All existing Technologies » evaporator
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: