Recent topics Log in
Search Profile
Memberlist Usergroups
Register
OK, here is another strange invention
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » New Technology Inventions » OK, here is another strange invention
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: OK, here is another strange invention

The Spy Probe is a class 2 ship, and will normally register as a destroyer if scanned.
In battle it acts as a 10/11 destroyer, but normally shows as a regular 10/10 destroyer, and will always be the last ship in the battle order.

If the Spy Probe survives a battle, it will attach a cloaked probe to a random c4 ship in the enemy fleet, and itself become a normal destroyer. If there are no surviving c4 ships in the enemy fleet, it will simply remain in the fleet for future use.

If the enemy has a decloaking probe active during the battle, the Spy Probes activities will be visible in both sides BRs, otherwise only the owner will get the true information while the enemy will see a normal destroyer in his BR.

When attached to an enemy ship, it will act as a DSP, but the owner must have a pyramid device to be able to recieve data from the probe.

The owner can order the probe device to make a full and complete scan of all fleets at the location, at any time, and will then receive the complete layout of all units in that sector at the time (the existance of cloaked units will be detected, but details will not be revealed). This activity will not go unnoticed, and all foreign fleets in the sector will be aware of this. The probe will be destroyed by enemy defense forces at that time.

An oscillation probe will show the Spy Probe as a DSP, and a decloaking probe will reveal the spy probe completely, otherwise it cannot be detected.

If the c4 ship to which the probe is attached is recycled or destroyed, then the probe is lost and the enemy owning the c4 will get the points. The fact of the probes existance is also revealed if the c4 is recycled or destroyed.

I am thinking that this ship needs Improved Cloaking Technology, and that it will be rather expensive (several hundred points).

So, comments?
MicroJak
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, just one, how the hell did you manage to start a topic in this forum? That's like by-passing the 4 credit invention rule.
 Back to top »
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Actually, I started it in "suggestions", but I think an admin felt that it should be here.

I haven't come up with any ideas that can be entered using the standard form, so I just post'em in suggestions

Tho it would be nice to say "well, you know, some of us are priveliged with knowledge beyond mere mortals...."

admin
Board Admin
Board Admin

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject:

yes, its a nice idea... a little bit like the tracevug:
http://www.spacetrace.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=26948

you can also just invent the ship without the correct battlesyntax, then there will automatically be added the poll
 Back to top »
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject:

OK;

Thanks for the info!

a) As expected, somebody else already had a similar idea. I like the fighter idea for the same reason I like my idea, when recycled it goes down the drain, and there is a natural way to "disguise" the little villain. I also like the idea of at some point "activaating" the bug or cloaked probe or spy or whatever, and getting full info. But it should be expensive and difficult to use, otherwise the advantage will be unfair.

b) being able to post without syntax sounds excellent. Will use that in the future.
Knight of Truth
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject:

First off: Where do you people get these ideas?!

But otherwise, I'm not quite sure. The ship is interesting indeed, but I'm wondering if it's not a tad overpowered. But with the cost of points, that would be counterbalanced.

It would be a bit of a programming hassle, I think, implementing it, because you have to have BR's changed and all kinds of crap, but it would be nice to have,

MicroJak wrote:

For fuck's sake would you both please stop fucking swearing!!!!
 Back to top »
al12
Admiral
Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject:

I think it is a nice idea and you have made it hard enough to use that it is balanced in my idea. Just one questian, althouht this may be the same as having more then 1 eye in the sky's: What if you attach more then 1 of these to different fleets?

X: The "Warriors of the Fallen Star" era

4. SpaceTrooper of Upenix score 16239 relative 16226
 Back to top »
colinthecorgi
1st Rear Admiral
1st Rear Admiral

Post Posted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject:

I'm thinking it's ok to do that.

All power to you. You'll become a bit short on available MP if you do that, because it should be expensive IMO.

If you make it a bit cheaper, then it cannot have the "full scan" function, that is too much advantage. If you make it very cheap, then it must be fully visible, so enemy can go home and recycle, like with viruses.
SpaceTrace Forum Forum Index » New Technology Inventions » OK, here is another strange invention
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: